A regas or A/C service is a regular maintenance service, much like changing the engine oil, to keep the air con system at its best, monitor potential problems and to avoid costly failures.
People very often think that car air con systems just need to be “regassed” but this is not always the case. The reality is that it is often subject to repairs other than just a regas. The car does not consume gas, if the air con system is not working and needs to be regassed, it often means that the gas has leaked out and this needs to be fixed prior to regassing. Just regassing in such a case will result in the gas leaking out again.
If we assess that you need more than a standard air con service/regas, the following outlines some common scenarios for your information.
- A possible slow leak that we may not be able to pinpoint at this stage; we will regas the system with added oil & UV dye to assist future leak detection with an ultra violet light.
- No gas or very little pressure present in system; we will pressure test the system with nitrogen first, inspect for leaks, diagnose and quote the repairs required.
- If the pressure does not drop and no leaks are detected at this stage, we will then regas the system with added UV dye to assist future leak detection with an ultra violet light.
- If the existing pressure in the system is ok but it does not work and there is some other fault such as perhaps a faulty compressor, we will diagnose and quote the repairs required.
Costs vary depending on the scenario so it is best to drop your car off to us to assess what work may need to be done before quotes can be given.
Peel Auto Electrical and Air Conditioning is a one-stop-shop for car air conditioning and repair services in the Mandurah area. We service and repair automotive air conditioning systems all day, everyday – we like what we do and it’s our job to keep you cool.
Whether it’s blazing hot or chilly outside, your car’s air conditioning system should operate seamlessly all-year round. Regular service schedules and routine checks will ensure optimum performance and help you avoid costly repair work in the future.
Many car manufacturers suggest recharging and lubricating your car’s air conditioning system every two years. If you cannot remember the last time you had your car’s air conditioning checked, pop into Peel Auto Electrical & Airconditioning and let our expert technicians test your air conditioner’s performance.
Regardless of the time of year, a service or repair is always a good idea, if you consider the multitude of functions your air conditioner provides; helping you stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and even the handy task of de-misting your windscreen when the rain sets in.
Peel Auto Electrical & Airconditioning can provide you with periodic maintenance, services and repairs for your faulty or low performing air conditioning system. Our certified technicians complete a thorough check looking out for common problems like:
- Cracks or damages to the air conditioning compressor drive belt
- Faulty air conditioning compressor and components
- Leaks or damage to the air conditioning system
- Low blowing power and recharge according to your manufacturer’s specifications
We are a registered member of the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC) and pride ourselves on providing you with the best advice and a full range of services which include:
- Regas / degas
Our expert air conditioning services are convenient and speedy, and we can even come to you! At Peel Auto Electrical & Airconditioning we aim to keep you cool.
On Site Air Conditioning Repairs
Here at Peel Auto Electrical we understand that sometimes machinery is hard to move around, we offer a mobile service to assist you on site to minimise down time.
We work on a large range of earth moving equipment, farming equipment and Trucks and Buses of all sizes, no job is too big or too small.